1. Heart Health : Reduces bad cholesterol levels by burning un-necessary fats which clog the arterial walls and thereby reduces the chances of heart attacks.
2. Weight Lose : Rich in iron & beta-carotene with potassium. It relieves constipation and improve body blood circulation, thereby producing a slimming effects on the body.
3. Diabetes Cure: Reverses the insulin resistance and activates protein kinase, activate the absorption of sugar in body cells. Hance improves glucose tolerance without increasing blood insulin levels.
4. Lower blood glucose level : Contains phyto - nutrient, polypeptide-P, contain a plant insulin which helps to lower blood sugar levels. Its hypoglycemic agent Cha ran tin, increases glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis in the cells of liver, muscle and the adipose tissue.
5. Hypertension Cure : Inhibits hypertension , high plasma cholesterols or high plasma lipids which affect patients with Type II diabetes thus decreasing the risk of stroke or heart attack.
6. Anti-parasitic property: Anti helminthic compounds are used in the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases and kill parasitic intestinal worms. It also stimulates the peristalsis of the food thus relieves indigestion and constipation problems too.
7. As Liver tonic: Helps to maintain a healthy liver & bladder. It is useful in removing the kidney stones and relieving gouty pain.
8. Blood Cell Booster: The compounds a eleo-stearic acid and the 15, 16-dihydroxy-a-eleostearic acid are a good remedy for the leukemia and blood irregularities like anemia. It also helps in producing healthy red blood cells and balance the amount of WBC's in your body.
9. Skin Problem Cure : Its juice cleanses the liver and blood off toxins and is highly beneficial for treating blood disorders like blood boils and itching due to toxemia.
10. Rich Source Of Iorn : Has high amount of Folate which helps in treating a defective neural tubes which usually occurs during early stage of pregnancy.
11. Anti Ageing Property : Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant fight and eliminate the free radicals, reducing wrinkles and slow down the ageing process. It also protects the skin from damage by sun’s UV rays.
12. For Respiratory problems : Fresh pods are excellent remedy to treat respiratory problems like asthma, cold, cough, bronchitis and pharyngitis.
13. Rich Source Of Vitamins And Nutrients : Contains flavonoids such as ß-carotene, α-carotene, lutein, and zea-xanthin. Low in calories, rich in phytonutrients like dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants and a good source of niacin (vitamin B-3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5), pyridoxine (vitamin B-6) and minerals such as iron, zinc, potassium, manganese and magnesium.
14. Many Disease Buster : Not only effective in killing malaria bacteria, but it can also weaken some viruses such as Cholera, Chickenpox, Measles, Herpes and Jaundice.
15. Boost Immune System: Bitter juice help to strengthen the immune system and increase the body’s resistance against a variety of infections.
16. Helpful In Psoriasis : Regular consumption of its bitter juice has curative effect in treatment of psoriasis, fungal infections like ring-worm and athlete foot as well as skin infections like eczema.
17. Acne Care : Helps in preventing acne, because of its blood purifying properties. It keeps your skin glowing and free from blemishes and infections.
18. Eye Care: As it rich in beta-carotene and other properties, helps in curing eye problems and in improving eyesight.
19. Detoxification Property: Its anti-intoxication properties are beneficial in the treatment of hangover & eliminating liver problems due to alcohol consumption.
20. Helps In Curing Piles : 3 teaspoons of the its juice, extracted from its leaves, added to a glassful of buttermilk & consumed on an empty stomach every morning has shown promising curative results in the treatment of piles.
21. Hair Health: Super hair tonic which imparts shine, wards off dandruff, treats split ends, combats dryness and itchiness of scalp, reduces hair loss, treats rough and tangled hair, prevents premature graying and removes excess oiliness in hair.
22. Regulate The blood flow & clotting: Aids in healing process thus preventing further infections.
23. Rich Energy Source: Regular consumption of its juice help to improve the Stamina and Energy levels. Even sleep disturbance problems have been shown to be improved or get stabilized.
# Bitter Melon (Karela) Side Effects :
although Bitter Melon has a good reputation in treating many diseases, Despite of that it also has side effects that you would never want to experience.
It can cause hypoglycaemia due to charantin present on it. If you will drink its excessive Juice or eat too much bitter melon fruit you probably experience the problem of hypoglycaemia. Take in a balanced prepotion and watch your bitter melon intake especially if you are not a hyperglycaemia patient.
If you do not have idea how to use bitter melon’s seed than do not try to eat it or do something with it. As this is highly toxic, and might be lead to vomiting, diarrhea etc So, don’t let your kids eat its seed because it is poisonous.
Note : It Is contraindicated for a pregnant women. If need to take it, try to take it in a small quantity, Why ? because bitter melon has a property that can cause abortion. It has monor charin substance in it that might cause ill effect on the gravid uterus.
Arogyam Pure Herbs
- See more at: http://www.ayurvedahimachal.com/index.php?page=completearticle&&id=132#sthash.02P5iFPf.dpuf